The INN is an eleven-room boutique inn, with a fantastic bar and restaurant in the heart of Montgomery Center, Vermont. It is a historic, rambling 6500-square foot former lumber baron’s home built in 1890, complete with an attached carriage house and views of the beautiful Trout River flowing out back. Within the last 5 years, the inn has been entirely renovated with great care from stem to stern, creating a warm, inviting space that embraces guests with surprising amenities, décor, and special touches at every turn. The current owners have invested over $420,000.00 of improvements that ensure that new owners will start their innkeeping adventure with a turn key, up to date property to where any guest would love to return.
The INN restaurant serves dinner to the public Thursday through Sunday evenings. The seasonal menus are presented with a perfect combination of inventiveness and heartwarming comfort. Everything is freshly prepared and ingredients locally sourced whenever possible. Options include being seated in the romantic fireplace dining room or in the lively pub and tavern. In the summer, dinner is also served on the outdoor deck. A full bar, carefully chosen wine list, specialty cocktails and draft beers are offered to compliment the dining offerings.
Montgomery Center is a picturesque yet quirky ski town just down the road from the ever growing Jay Peak ski resort, known far and wide for its Jay Cloud, which year after year, delivers the greatest snowfall in the east. Jay Peak is also a burgeoning four-season resort with an indoor waterpark and 36 holes of championship golf. In addition to the four-season outdoor adventures offered by Jay Peak, outdoor enthusiasts will find a broad variety of mountain bike trails and hundreds of miles of low traffic roadways ideal for long-distance road riding. For hikers, the Long Trail runs just outside the village along with numerous nearby peaks to tackle. Of course there’s always fishing, canoeing, kayaking, ATVing and frisbee golf nearby in the summer and snowshoeing, backcountry skiing, snowmobiling, dog sledding in the winter.
The Canadian border lies just to the north with the uniquely French villages of the Eastern Townships at the inn’s doorstep, offering amazing cuisine, shopping, and international adventure. And one can get their city fix in Montreal, less than 90 minutes away.
1. Authentic Vermont experience in a growing, up and coming vacation area.
2. Unique, spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated common area lounge, with sunken living room and fireplace
3. Large, well-maintained grounds with seating areas and river front, on the Trout River. Fantastic swimming holes within walking distance
4. Brand new spa facility with sauna, relaxation room, full bathroom and a large rain shower
5. Entire facility renovated and reappointed all within the past 5 years
6. Owner’s living quarters and office
7. Just 7 miles from Jay Peak, four-season resort with down-hill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, the largest indoor water park in the northeast, a lynx golf course, weddings and concerts.
8. Main Street location, yet on nationally designated, “wild and scenic”, Trout River; and in one of Vermont’s most scenic and picturesque areas
9. Close to several other ski areas: Smugglers Notch, Stowe and Burke in the US, as well as Sutton, Bromont, Owls Head and Orford in Canada
10. Close to several, charming eastern townships in Canada for day trips, e.g., Sutton, Bromont, Magog, Frelighsburg, Bedford
11. Just 1 hour and 20 minutes from Montreal
Inn Website: https://www.theinn.us/
Contact Gary Gosselin, Broker at 802.238.2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org